In this school year projects, I’m in one of the project call CTI (critical teen issue). This project is mainly focusing on discussing the critical issues that teens are dealing with in their daily lives. We have addressed some of the most important issues facing our teenagers at this time. Our main topic for this first round is a healthy relationship. In class, we have done many activities that demonstrate what is a healthy relationship vs a nonhealthy relationship. This will focus on the relationship with our partner, peer, parents, and society. At the end of this round, we have come up with a workshop plan and survey to guide the workshop about the healthy teen relationship.
Here are the discussion questions about healthy teen relationships that our team has come up with. Can you figure out your answers to the questions?
- How do you know if you are actually in a relationship?
- Why did my partner choose me?
- How much time should I devote to my partner?
- Is a relationship a healthy or unhealthy distraction?
- How do I really know how much my partner cares and his/her perspective?
- When is it appropriate to discuss a relationship with others? Must both people agree first?
- Do you go into a relationship thinking it will end? How is a relationship maintained?
- How do you balance time with partners and peers?
- Do you have to be friends with people in the same socioeconomic class as you?
- How can we overcome shyness to have more friends or be more comfortable around others?
- How do you know if a person is a real friend?
- What do you do when peers make fun of your relationship?
- How do you measure loyalty and honesty?
- How does one find a healthy competition with peers?
- When is it appropriate to sacrifice for your friendships?
- Is it natural and normal for teenagers to rebel against their parents when they are teenagers?
- Would I feel better communicating my problems with my parents?
- How do we change Cambodian culture in regards to teenagers?
- How do we create more trust among our family members?
- What is the appropriate balance of authority and friendship?
- How do we cope with our parents’ expectations of us?
- What would you do if your parents find out about your relationship?
- What do my parents expect me after I graduate from Liger?
- Is it time that we change the ways of living?
- How do we cope with the pressure of being a change agent?
- What are some of the stereotypes that affect teenagers from society?
- How does social media affect our relationships?
- How much should we care about trends in society?
- What pressures of body image and appearance do teenagers face in Cambodia?